South Denver Automotive, Denver Colorado 80222
Knowing when it's time to visit our experts at South Denver Automotive for transmission repair starts with understanding the job of your transmission. So, let's start there.
In the simplest terms, the transmission sends, or transmits, power from the engine to the wheels. More power delivers more speed. And how much power is adjusted by shifting gears. Of course, an automatic vehicle shifts for you, while a manual relies on the driver to choose the appropriate gear.
With so much riding on your transmission, it's important to take proper care of this system. Here's a quick, 3-point list that will help you keep your transmission in great shape:
- Keep an Eye on Fluids - Transmission fluid lubricates its components and prevents overheating, the cause of about 90% of failures. So, keep an eye out for leaks by looking for red stains on the ground where you park. This is a sealed system, so get in touch if you notice any leaked fluid.
- Have it Serviced On-Time - Dirt and contaminants can cause sluggish performance and lead to failure. To prevent issues, get all transmission fluids flushed and changed according to your manufacturer's maintenance schedule, sooner if you're hard on your vehicle.
- Don't Ignore Problems - Shaking, slipping, grinding noises, stalling, not wanting to go into gear. These issues won't go away, and in fact, will get worse. It's understandable to be worried about an expensive repair, but it could be as simple as adding fluid. Please don't ignore the signs!
Whether you need basic maintenance or notice symptoms, you can rely on South Denver Automotive for comprehensive transmission and driveline repairs, including:
- Axle Repairs
- Differential Repairs
- Drive Shafts /Universal Joints
- Clutches 4x4 & All-Wheel Drives
- Transfer Cases
- Engine & Transmission Mounts
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis & Repair
- Clutch Diagnosis and Repair
- Drive-Shaft Replacement
- Differential Flush Service
Schedule Your Visit Today
Transmission repair is crucial, that's why South Denver Automotive provides a thorough diagnosis of any issues, a detailed estimate and complete control of repair priorities. Plus, all work is covered by a 24 month/24,000 mile warranty. For expert repair work and peace of mind, contact us today.
Make an Appointment